Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Review: Winging It

*2nd in series - Flying Blind is the first book*

Zoë's still trying to figure out how to be the Wyvern - the only female shifting dragon.

She's having a hard time keeping her shape shifting a secret from her best friend. She's not allowed to tell her, but Megan knows she's keeping a secret. As a result, their friendship is strained.

When Zoë's mom leaves her father, he goes after her to persuade her to return, leaving Zoë to stay with Megan's family. She's trying to reconnect with Megan, but they just end up fighting constantly.

Zoë's invited to a party hosted by Megan's crush. Megan's angry even though Zoë has no interest in going to the party. However, she reconsiders when Megan receives her own invite. Zoë must go to protect Megan from the Mage who want to use her musical talents for evil.

How far would you go to protect your best friend?

My Thoughts: I really like this series. I love the dragon descriptions - especially the flying scenes. I love the idea of other shape-shifters and how they must work together. I like the danger, the friendship drama, the banter between Zoë and the guys. I like the potential romances. An entertaining fun read and I'm so looking forward to the next one.

Cover Thoughts: Cute - I like the smoky fire at the bottom.

Source: My Library

Up Next: Blazing the Trail

No comments: