Friday, February 10, 2012

Adult Review: The Next Always

Three brothers and their mother have purchased an historic building which they are in the middle of refurbishing. They want everything to be perfect for the grand opening of the new Inn.

The architect and eldest brother Beckett Montgomery lives and breathes work. He's a work-a-holic but treasures the time he has stopping to the town bookstore.  Beckett's always happy to see Claire - the one that got away in high school.

She's now a widow with three young boys. She tries to manage everything on her own, but as Beckett comes to her rescue a few times she gradually begins to open up and allow herself to relax.

Could there be a new addition to the Montgomery family?

My Thoughts: The first book in a new trilogy was charming. I loved the descriptions of the inn - from the building to the decorating. I loved the moments in the bookstore. I loved Beckett hanging out with the boys and their conversations. I liked the idea of the ghost in the inn, I thought that was an interesting touch. I hated the issues Claire had to deal with and how scary her life became.  I loved the banter between the brothers and their bond. I think this is my first Nora Roberts book and I'm sure it won't be my last. I'm anxiously awaiting book 2 - The Last Boyfriend coming out in May.


Cover Thoughts: Cute


Source: My Library


No comments: