Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Adult Review: The Viscount Who Loved Me

*second book in the series - read the review for the first - The Duke and I


Anthony Bridgerton's decided it's time to get married. He will find a bride this season. His brothers tell him Edwina Sheffield is the catch of the season. He sets out to woo her and win her hand.


However, she's already acknowledged publicly that her older half-sister will have to approve of any man she marries.  


Kate Sheffield does not deem Anthony Bridgerton an appropriate match.  She and Edwina have one season to make their mark on society and marry well. Kate knows that Edwina has the best chance at marriage. While they're only half sisters, she adores Edwina. She's certainly not going to allow her sister to marry a rake like Anthony Bridgerton.


Anthony adores a challenge. Soon he's sparring with Kate and courting Edwina.  Edwina doesn't make his blood race, but that's exactly the kind of wife he desires - one he feels affection towards but doesn't love. Why then does he keeping dreaming about Kate?

My Thoughts: I LOVED this book. I love the Bridgerton family. I love their tight bonds and their easy banter. I loved Kate's quick wit and her love for her sister. I loved the mallet game. I loved the verbal matches between Kate and Anthony. I can't say anything about this book without gushing over it.  A humorous romance that made my heart smile. A perfect book for Valentine's Day or any other day. 


Cover Thoughts: Cute


Source: Inter-library loan


1 comment:

Rebs @ Book-Rants said...

I loved this one too, definitely one of the best of Quinn's. I love Kate's dog and the part where it causes Anthony to go into the river at the park!