Friday, February 24, 2012

Adult Review: Romancing Mister Bridgerton

Many years ago Penelope Featherington fell in love with Colin Bridgerton.  He's her best friend's brother.  He's also never given her a second glance.

Penelope and Eloise have both been eligible for marriage years ago. neither of them has found the right man to marry.  Eloise has received marriage proposals, but no one has asked for Penelope's hand.

It didn't help that upon her coming out her mother chose the wrong style and colors for her dresses. She looked so hideous that even Lady Whistledown commented on her poor choice of clothing.

Doomed to be a wallflower, Penelope watched society.  To those who know her well, her wit doesn't come as a surprise. What might come as a surprise is the secret she's been keeping for years.

Will Colin finally notice Penelope as a woman?

My Thoughts: Still adoring this series. I LOVE Penelope's secret. I love her determination, her friendship with Lady Danbury, and her heart.  Lady Danbury is hilarious. Portia Featherton is horrible - but I love her interactions with Colin. Felicity Featherton is sweet and affectionate towards her sister. I wish there had been more interaction with Penelope in the earlier books.  I quite adore this series. It's all I've been reading lately.


Cover Thoughts: Cute


Source: Inter-Library Loan

No comments: