Friday, February 3, 2012

Review: Save as Draft

Izzy lives in Atlanta and works as a lawyer -but she's never really seen the city. She hasn't fallen in love with it - or anyone for that matter. She wants to give it one more go before she thinks about packing up and moving home.

So she tries internet dating.

She "meets" a guy online while she's studying for the bar exam for California. They exchange flirty fun emails but Izzy's on studious lock-down until she takes the exam.


They pick a date night after her return...but the night before the date she kisses her best friend Peter. Torn, she goes on the date and ends up having a great time.

But she feels she needs to give Peter a proper chance. Unfortunately, even though she gets caught up in a whirlwind romance, things aren't always happily ever after without going over huge hurdles.

My Thoughts: I loved this book told through friendly, flirty, and angry emails, texts, tweets, eharmony profiles, and drafts of emails. I love reading the drafts - it's so significant what's not said in relationships. It made me curious as to what things I'm not saying.  I can't lie - this one tugged at my heart strings. It's both funny yet serious.  I could feel the anger and the frustration coming off the characters in waves.  The ending is a bit of a cliff hanger, but I'm relieved to see that there's a sequel in the works. A smashing debut that hooked me instantaneously. 


Cover Thoughts: I love the heart apple with the bite taken out of it! Great connection 


Source: Inter-library loan


No comments: