Friday, March 23, 2012

Review: Pretty Crooked

Willa and her mom move to a posh neighborhood where Willa enrolls in private school. It's the first time they've had money.  Willa isn't too sure about the school, but she lands among the Glitterati.

She soon discovers that the popular girls aren't the nicest girls. They talk trash about their fellow students, especially those students on scholarship. Willa can't bring herself to break up with the Glitterati, but she wants to find a way to help the scholarship students.

Willa begins thief lessons. Soon she's taking money from purses and buying items in secret for the girls.  She's a modern day Robin Hood. Willa loves the rush she gets from seeing the scholarship girls wear the clothes. She wants to do more and more.

Will her big ideas be her downfall?

My Thoughts: In writing this review, an idea just occurred to me in the future of the series. In my mind it makes sense and I can't wait to see if it's true. I liked this book. I liked the action. I liked the modern day Robin Hood idea. There were times that I didn't like Willa and I didn't understand her decisions.  I'm interested to uncover the truth about her mother. I really liked Tre. I didn't really like Aidan, but I could see his charm.  The ending took me by complete surprise and it will keep me reading the next book.


Cover Thoughts: Cute - but it doesn't totally match the book


Source: Netgalley

Challenge: Debut Author 2012

No comments: