Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mysterious Saturday Review: Buried in Buttercream

*17th in the series*

Savannah's recovering from her previous adventure where five bullets entered her body. She still gets tired. She still has the scars. She's still angry.

Despite that, she's ready to live her life in a big way. She's finally getting married to Dirk. Unfortunately, on their wedding day, the venue burns down.

Their next wedding day, Savannah discovers their wedding planner dead moments before the ceremony. It seems that everybody had a reason to hate the wedding planner from her ex-husband to her former business partner to her ex boyfriend's wife. Finding the murderer isn't easy.

Finding another wedding venue proves much harder. With Savannah's family all staying with her in her little house, she's feeling pressure from all sides.

My Thoughts: I love this series. This addition was lighter than the previous book, but still contained the weight of the matter as Savannah goes through recovery - both psychical and emotional.   I loved the sweet moments between Savannah and Dirk. I enjoy Savannah's crazy family - they're entertaining for sure. I love their Southern language.   The identity of murderer kept me guessing until the very end. I can't wait to read the next one to find out if life changes for Savannah and Dirk. 


Cover Thoughts: Love it, especially the skeletons!


Source: My Library

No comments: