Monday, March 19, 2012

Review: Out of Sight, Out of Time

*the 5th and final book in the Gallagher Girls series - this review will contain spoilers if you haven't read the rest of the series.*

Cammie left at the beginning of the summer. She wakes up in a strange bed. She's dumbfounded to learn that it's October. The last thing she remembers is leaving school.

She has scars on her body she doesn't remember. Her hair's a different color. Her body is different. She is different. As she regains her strength, she learns she's in the alps.

With one phone call, her mom (and headmistresses of Gallagher Academy) is on her way to retrieve her. Once back at school Cammie must deal with the fact that her memory isn't returning, her friends are mad at her for leaving, and her mom begs her to leave her past in the past.

Cammie's not about to let her missing memory rule her life.  Will she uncover something she wished she had left alone?

My Thoughts: I adore this series and devoured the book. I'm sad to see the series end, but I loved it. I love Cammie for her strength, her determination, and her courage. I love her snark. It was hard watching her struggle to regain a sense of self.  While it was hard reading the ending of the series, I feel as though the loose ends were tied up and the readers leave Cammie in a good place. I adore Ally Carter and can't wait to see what she writes next (along with book 3 in the Heist Society series)

Cover Thoughts: Cute and ties in with the other covers

Source: My Library

EDITED TO ADD: I've been told that this ISN'T the final book in the series. I can't tell you how happy that makes me!

No comments: