Friday, March 30, 2012

Adult Review: A Rogue By Any Other Name

Life for Penelope hasn't been easy these last few years after her infamous broken engagement. Now her father's determined to marry her off. He's included recently acquired land in her dowry, which makes her more attractive to the men about town - and one man in particular. 

Twenty years ago, Bourne lost his entire estate (everything that wasn't entailed) in a game of cards. He's vowed revenge and he'll stop at nothing to achieve it. When his former lands become available through marriage, he kidnaps Penelope, forcing a marriage between them.

Penelope was overjoyed to see her childhood friend. However, she quickly realizes he's not the same boy she once adored. While they have a marriage of convenience, she negotiates a better life for her two younger sisters. Part of that negotiation involves selling their marriage as a whirlwind romance based upon a childhood love.

Will their feelings actually grow in time to reflect the love match they pretend for the ton?

My Thoughts: I LOVED the start of this new four book series! Of course, I adore the author. I loved her Love By Numbers trilogy and her YA book The Season. Honestly, I'll read anything she writes. I loved Penelope. She was tower of strength. I loved her negotiation skills. I loved her "sacrifice" for her sisters. I loved the moments between her and Bourne, especially the ice skating date. I enjoyed the gaming hell. I can't wait to read more about the Fallen Angel and the partners. I also loved the set up for the next book!


Cover Thoughts: Gorgeous! I love the color.

Source: Purchased (and signed by the author!)


Up Next: One Good Earl Deserves a Lover out in December

1 comment:

Book Soulmates said...

I can't wait to get to this one! Sarah's NUMBERS series is one of my very favorite Hist Roms so she's earned a place on my auto-buy list ;)

So glad you enjoyed it!
♥Isalys / Book Soulmates