Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tween Tuesday Review: Dying to Meet You

Ignatius B. Grumply is a best selling author with a serious case of writer's block. He hasn't written anything in 20 years. He has a book due in 2 months - part of his Ghost Tamer series. Number 13 to be exact.

He rents a creepy Victorian house for the summer, hoping that it will inspire him to finally finish his book.

He doesn't count of 11 year old Simon or Olive - the ghost of a aspiring author.

I.B. Grumply can't write with all the noise. He's constantly writing letters to Simon asking him to stop making so much noise.

It's not Simon making the noise. I.B. Grumply refuses to believe in ghosts, which makes Olive mischievous. Can the three of them make peace long enough for I.B. Grumply to finish his book?

My Thoughts: I read this for our 4th and 5th grade book club. It's adorable! It's written as an epistolary novel. It's full of humor, pictures, and mostly friendly pranks. A great read for October. So looking forward to the next chapter...

Cover Thoughts: Great

Source: my Library.

3 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Sounds like a fun spooky read!

Anonymous said...

I loved this book. I plan on using it when my class does a unit on writing friendly letters. There are a couple follow up books too.

Jill the OWL said...

I have this book and thought it look adorable! Thanks for highlighting it :)