Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Matinee: Something Borrowed




I couldn't read the book which opens with the best friend and the fiance waking after after their night together. It's a personal feeling - but I don't find cheating entertaining.

That said, I was curious about the story because I'd heard great things about it. The movie was just...ok.















Things I liked:

He made the movie and I love Gennifer Goodwin


LOVED the author Cameo - but didn't realize until I saw this picture that she's reading the next book!



Things I didn't like:

This guy - I found him to be a young Tom Cruise - cocky and arrogant and smug




The fact that Kate Hudson played a VERY similar character in Bride Wars - the snotty best friend. I used to love her - but I wish a different role would come along for her.


I did like the ending and I'm curious to see where the story goes from here. Now that I'm passed the awkward part, I can start reading the books.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yeah, I didn't really love this one either. Is it just me or did you feel she didn't really end up with the right guy...

Jennifer Rummel said...

yeah, I thought that too!