Thursday, October 13, 2011

Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door

Lola's Dads don't approve of her boyfriend. Max is 22, in a band, and not the boy they would pick out for her. Lola doesn't care. She adores him.

Things start to become rocky in paradise when the Bell twins move back to the neighborhood. Two years ago Cricket Bell broke her heart. She fell for him hard. Now he's back.

Lola can't fathom a relationship with him, but at the same time, he's popping up everywhere. She can't tell Max the truth about him, about her past.

Lola and Cricket's friendship begins again - only Cricket admits he's changed and that he wants more than friendship. Once he knows about Max, Cricket backs off.

Lola's torn - she doesn't want Cricket to back off any more than she wants to lose Max...

My Thoughts: It's hard not to talk about this book without gushing. So I'm just going to say that it's PERFECTION. I love the quirkiness of Lola - her outfits, her flair, her inner thoughts. I love her two Dads. I love her relationship with Cricket - and how slowly it builds. I adored this book. I couldn't put it down, yet I never wanted it to end.

Cover Thoughts: Perfect

Source: my Library

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm sooooooooooooooo excited for this book and our copy cannot come out of the tech processing room FAST ENOUGH!! My fingers are literally itching for it!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read this book! I heard many good things about it! Thank you for sharing the lovely review!

Samual