Monday, October 24, 2011

Review: Dear Bully

70 Teen authors share their stories about being bullied, not stopping bullies, and sometimes acting in a bully like manner.

My Thoughts: There were poems, essays, and stories throughout the book written by favorite authors. Some of them used writing to escape their emotions. Some of them used their bullies as characters in their novels. Some of them turned to humor. Some of them ran. Some of them fought back. Some of them did nothing and endured the torment.

I can't say that I LIKED this book, because it's so emotional, so heart-wrenching, and so hard to read at times. I will say that I read it in two sittings. It was hard to put down. And that it's a book that EVERY teen should read.

Cover Thoughts: I like it

Source: My library

1 comment:

Stephsco said...

Great idea. I hope schools use it as a teaching tool.