Thursday, October 27, 2011

Review: Pick-Up Game

It’s a hot July day and the crowd is starting to gather around the Cage. The court is on West 4th Street and everybody knows about it. The biggest and best basketball players in the city are here – playing their hearts out for a chance for fame. The spectators come to watch an amazing day of basketball.

My Thoughts: I love how the stories are so different yet blend perfectly together. I love the descriptions of basketball. Nine authors write short stories (sometimes in verse) where the world revolves around basketball. I love the different perspectives - some from the crowd and some from the players. I can visualize the entire day. My heart pounds in rhythm of the basketball dribbling.

Cover Thoughts: I really like it!

Source: Read for TeensReadToo

No comments: