Saturday, October 29, 2011

Mysterious Saturday Review: Death By the Dozen

Melanie and Angie compete in a Challenge to the Chef contest. They have to fight down Olivia to return their contest entry form. Mel and Angie hope their potential win will boost the publicity for their bakery: Fairy Tale Cupcakes.

Mel's mentor from culinary school turns out to be one of the judges. She's happy to see him again, but she can't help be disappointed in his recent life choices.

When he turns up dead - in a freezer, Mel's immediately suspicious of his death. It turns out he was murdered. Mel tries to piece together his last moments, worry about the other judges, and try to win the contest.


My Thoughts: I LOVED the baking contest - I enjoyed reading about various recipes, ingredients, and trails and errors of the team. I loved the relationships between Mel and the judges. I love the new intern - Oz. he has some very interesting ideas for the bakery. I love the banter between Mel, Angie, and Tate. All in all, a tasty and thoroughly entertaining read.

Cover Thoughts: Cute

Source: my Library

No comments: