Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Review: The Day Before

Amber runs away from her family for the day. She needs some time alone. She needs to think.

Amber heads to the beach - where she feels safe. Her life is about to be ripped apart. There's nothing she can do to stop it.

All she wants is a one day of fun before tomorrow begins.

Then she meets Cade. He also has a secret. They spend the day together as they both hide from the real world. Cade and Amber play on the beach, fly a kite, build on bonfire, and eat an amazing dinner. They feel an instant connection.

Was it fate that brought them together to do what they have to do?



My Thoughts: I love Lisa Schroeder's verse novels. They're quick reads, but fill of emotion and always make me think. I love the way this novel unfolded - with secrets and memories from the past creeping into the future. I loved how the relationship developed between Cade and Amber. Another amazing read.

Cover Thoughts: Interesting - I love the way you can see her eyes through the grass.

Source: My Library

2 comments:

LinWash said...

I downloaded a sample on my Kindle. It was just so beautifully written! I can't wait to get the whole book. But I'm trying to decide whether to get it on Kindle or in hard copy (so tht my niece can read it).

AliyaPM said...

I like that about the cover, too.
What a great book! I just finished and reviewed it. I haven't found any other books written in verse as great as Lisa's.