Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mysterious Saturday Review: Smokin' Seventeen

After the fire burned down the bail bonds office, Stephanie's boss (and cousin) is planning to rebuild. Before he can, a body appears at the building site. Before long, another body turns up. No one's sure how the bodies are connected.

While the police are trying to connect the murders, Stephanie attempts to catch her fugitives. There's a man who swears he's a vampire. Another man puts his dancing bear up for bond money. Somehow Stephanie agrees to take care of the bear if the man goes to jail. As usual, her professional life is one step away from ruining her life.

Stephanie has troubles in the romance department. Her mother's fed up with her on-again off-again relationship with Morelli. She's starting to introduce her daughter to other men. Morelli's grandmother starts putting curses on Stephanie in hopes of breaking them up permanently. Plus, as always, Ranger makes his interest in Stephanie known.

Will this be the case that brings everything down around Stephanie?

My Thoughts: I love this series. I'm so addicted that I read the books in one sitting because I can't stop. It was no different with this book. I didn't laugh out loud as much, but I was thoroughly entertained. I love the love triangle - I'm a fan of Ranger. I love the scrapes Stephanie gets into when she's attempting to bring someone back to jail. I LOVE Grandma Mazur. I love Lulu. There's nothing that I don't love about these books.

Cover Thoughts: It flows with the rest of the series, but none impress me.

Source: My Library

No comments: