Monday, January 2, 2012

End of the Year Survey 2011



Best Book You Read In 2011?
Check out my post for my favorite reads

Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
I don't finish the ones that I don't like because I don't want to waste the time reading something I don't like. That said, a new installment of an adult book series that I loved didn't hold my interest.

Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
Tons but Anna and the French Kiss, The Agency series, Divergent are the ones I've been talking about lately.

Best series you discovered in 2011?
Divergent and Legend

Book you most anticipated in 2011?
Lola and the Boy Next Door

Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
Check out my post here

Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2011

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2011?
Makeshift Bookmark

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2010?
Way too many to think about.

3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
I don't really have many discussions

4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog?

I really liked Melina's post on Sexy Times in YA and of course all the #YAsaves moments

5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
BEA - I LOVE this event and finally meeting Tera Lynn Childs and meeting Maureen Johnson, Sara Shepard, and Sarah Mlynowsk Basically I LOVE meeting authors and bloggers and librarians and chatting about books

6. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?
Hearing from authors who are happy I liked their books

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Views: Adult Review - Cedar Cove Christmas (803)

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I always love comments

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Goodreads Challenge - where you can challenge yourself to read X amount of books and it keeps track of them for you

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes: My own challenge of 365 books this year - from all ages
My challenge of reading 10 Christmas books
2011 Historical Fiction Challenge
2011 Debut Author Challenge

Looking Ahead...

1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?
There are so many books in my TBR pile, but I think Why We Broke Up will be the first.

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?
Too many: Ilsa and the Happily Ever After, Insurgent, Out of Sight Out of Time, Bitter Blue, Taken by Storm, Spell Bound, and countless others

3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?
Interact more with readers and leave more comments on other blogs. I've been starting to do this more lately, but I hope that I can keep it up!

I just realized that a lot of these questions were WAY too hard for me to answer. It's so hard to remember an entire year's worth of blogging/reading/memories

No comments: