Thursday, December 9, 2010

Review: Anna and the French Kiss

Anna doesn't want to go to school in Paris. She doesn't want to leave her BFF or her potential boyfriend. Her father's making her spend her senior year at an American high school in France.

Her first night there, she's crying her eyes out at her situation when the girl next door invites her over for hot chocolate. Meredith introduces her to her friends and takes Anna under her wing. There's Josh, Rashmi, and St. Claire.

St. Claire's English accent makes Anna want to swoon, not to mention his dreamy good looks. Half the girls in the school are in love with him. Anna's determined not to fall under his spell, but the more they hang out, the more she feels drawn to him.

He's seriously off limits as he has a girlfriend. That doesn't stop her from being friends. Soon, he's her best friend - they go to the cinema together and explore other parts of Paris. It isn't long before Anna's questioning everything he says for double meanings. Paris is the city of love after all, could she find love with her best friend?

My Thoughts: I've been hearing about this book for MONTHS and everyone raved about it. I ran out and bought it and devoured it. It didn't disappoint - it's romantic, dreamy, full of tension, and almost perfect. I wouldn't have minded more scenes exploring Paris. I loved Anna. She was smart, had great dreams, and found herself in Paris. I liked how she analyzed everything. I loved St. Claire - he's dreamy and funny. I loved how he and Anna really understood each other and how they goofed around so much. What a smashing debut novel!!!!! I can't wait for Lola and the Boy Next Door

Cover Thoughts: PERFECT!

Source: Bought

Fun Fact: Stephanie tweeted a picture of her with the book that I thought would make the perfect READ poster, so I stole it :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Can't wait to read this book and I love the READ poster you made. :)

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to read this book forever. I'm so glad it got another great review. I'm hoping Santa brings it... otherwise I'll be making a little B&N trip on the 26th. hehe