Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tween Tuesday Review: Front Page Face-Off

Delilah loves reporting the news and dreams about winning the prestigious Junior Globe Journalist award. However, as seventh grade starts, Delilah faces competition for the school's top reporting gig.

Delilah will do almost anything to win back her spot as the school's top reporter. She might even team up with the Debutantes, a clique she wrote about for the paper last year. The Debs aren't too sure about Ava either and they might be able to help Delilah scoop her.

It's an all out war, not just for the paper, but also for the cute editor's attention. Will Delilah proof herself worthy of the front page?

My Thoughts: A face-off that gets out of control crazy with fun and mayhem. Delilah firmly believes in using any means necessary to uncover a good story - including things a little bit shady. Her amusing adventures to make the front page land her in more scrapes than ever. I enjoyed her best friend, the surfer who competes with the boys for more competition. All in all, a cute tween read.

Cover thoughts: Cute - I Like the newspaper torn in two, but I'm a little unclear why it has Paige's name on the cover

Source: My Library and also reviewed for www.teensreadtoo.com

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you liked it. I think it's one my girl students would enjoy.

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I've enjoyed the other Minx titles-this one looks cute!

Alison Can Read said...

Sounds cute. She definitely looks like a sly girl from the art on the cover.

Jana said...

This one looks fun...might have to get it for my library.

Anonymous said...

Awww, thanks for the kind review! I'm glad you enjoyed.