Monday, December 20, 2010

2010 Reading Meme

I saw this over at Persnickety Snark and thought it looked fun! But after completing it, I realize that it's
1) almost impossible to answer
2) involves lots of brain power
3) and a great memory

Best Book of 2010:

This is way to hard for me to contemplate - but I'll have my annual BEST books up next week so check back....

Worst Book of 2010:
Nope, not sharing that one. Just because it's not right for me, doesn't me that someone else won't love it.

Most Disappointing Book of 2010:
again, not sharing that one.

Most Surprising (In A Good Way!) Book of 2010:
Fat Cat, I never expected to like it so much, but it was amazing.


Most Recommended-to-Others Book of 2010:
Probably the Agency series and Heist Society.

Best Series You Discovered in 2010:
The Agency: Spy in the House and The Agency: Body at the Tower


Favorite New Authors Discovered in 2010: How many can I name?
Elizabeth Eulberg
Y.S. Lee
Stephanie Perkins

Most Hilarious Read of 2010:
Wicked Appetite - adult
Match made in High School - YA

Most Thrilling, Unputdownable Book of 2010:
There are so many I devoured, so I'm just going to pick the last one: Prom and Prejudice

Most Anticipated Book of 2010:
Body at the Tower, followed by Anna and the French Kiss and Bright Young Things

Favorite Cover of a Book You Read in 2010:
See my 10 Things: Favorite Covers post

Most Memorable Character in 2010:
Too many to name....

Most Beautifully-Written Book of 2010:
Anna and the French Kiss for the angst and romance
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares for the thought provokingness and the humor
Rebel Hunter for the magic of the book

Book That Had the Greatest Impact on You in 2010:
To hard to answer, I've read over 300 books this year. Each book leaves a mark, yes, some deeper than others, but it's almost impossible to determine one book.

Book You Can't Believe You Waited Until 2010 to Read:
Ender's Game - my husband made me read it and he was right, it was amazing!

New Favorite Book Blog You Discovered in 2010:
All about {n}, Laura and Lisa Write, YA Bliss, Bookalicious Ramblings


Favorite Review That You Wrote in 2010:
I have no idea. But I do love when authors comment on the reviews I've written, that always makes my day.

Best Discussion On Your Blog in 2010:
something I don't understand from a publishing stand-point : YA novels about College

Most Thought-Provoking Review or Discussion On Another Blog in 2010:
I really thought the Speak Loudly posts were excellent - several made me cry. It's amazing how the blogosphere can come together

Best Event You Participated In During 2010:
10 in '10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge - loved reading the books and chatting with authors online. Hosted by Chick Lit Teens and Kay Cassidy

Best Moment of Book Blogging in 2010:
Speak Loudly

Best Bookish Discovery of 2010:
All about {n} and her Holiday Reading Challenge
This shirt
Book Blogger's Appreciation week
John Green teaches Fitness NERD-style
Library-Loving Blog Challenge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, Speak Loudly was great. There was such a great discussion about it.