Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mysterious Saturday Review: Wicked Appetite

Lizzy's life is looking pretty good right now. She's got her own house. Yes, it needs a complete overhaul, but she's working on it. She has a job that she loves - making cupcakes at a local bakery. Lizzy is content.

Then Diesel enters her life. He's there to protect her from Wulf. Apparently, Lizzie is one of two people who can identify the power from the stones. Both Diesel and Wulf are after the stones. There are seven stones - each for one of the deadly sins. Only one of them wants the stone to stop evil.

Right now, Wulf and Diesel each have a lead on Gluttony. As they race to find the stone, Lizzy's life ends up in danger and very crazy. She can't wait until things go back to normal.

My Thoughts: I like Janet Evanovich is hands down the funniest author. I laugh like crazy reading her books and I'm not the only one. At times, I'm crying from laughing so hard. At times, I need to pull my eyes away from the book so I can breathe because I'm laughing too hard. What made me laugh so much? It's hard to say for sure, but Carl the monkey always makes me laugh along with the quips between Diesel and Lizzy. I loved Glo and her spells. Honestly, I can't think of one aspect of the book that I didn't like. I can't wait for the next installment.

Cover Thoughts: A little boring.

Source: Inter-Library Loaned

2 comments:

Jessica said...

OMG. Carl was sooooooo funny in this book. I absolutely snorted more than once at his antics. This was an amazingly funny book. :)

LM Preston said...

I love a book that gives me a good laugh! Thanks for the review, I'll check it out.