Thursday, December 30, 2010

Best of 2010

Here's my list for my favorite reads this year. By read this year, I mean I physically read them this year. They might not all be 2010 books - they may be older or might be coming out next year. Also some of these books might have worked for multiple categories, but I've chosen something else instead. As I've read 339 books so far this year, I surpassed my goal of 300. Woo Hoo! I read across genres, but you might tend to see a pattern here :)

*you can check out my lists from 2009 and 2008 and see how they've changed*

Best Cover: see this post
Best Fairy: Spell Hunter
Best Nonfiction: The Good, the Bad, and the Barbie
Best Adult Nonfiction: Cake Wrecks
Best Biography: Edith Wharton and the Brave Escape
Best Friendship turned Romance: Waiting for You
Funniest: Match Made in High School
Adult Funniest: Wicked Appetite
Book I should have read years ago: Ender's Game
Werewolf book: Raised by Wolves
Best Ghost: Shade and Wish
Best Art: Heist Society
Best Horse: City Secrets
Best Realistic: Karma Club and Something Like Fate
Best Adult Realistic: Harbor Lights
Best Science Fiction: Inside Out and Virals
Best Paranormal: Gimme a Call
Best Gothic: Prophecy of the Sisters
Best Craft: Hollow for perfume
Best Fantasy: Shield of Stars
Best Romantic Fantasy: Brightly Woven
Best Jane Austen Inspired: Prom and Prejudice
Best Adult Regency: Nine Rules to Break when Romancing a Rake
Best Travel: Anna and the French Kiss
Best Children's Book: Miss Brooks Loves Books (and I don't)
Best Verse novel: Chasing Brooklyn
Best Book I never would have read on my own: Fat Cat (Meg Cabot recommendation) and Daddy Long Legs (featured in the Mother-Daughter book club series)
Best Series Ending: 39 Clues - Into the Gauntlet and Enola Holmes
Best Witch Book: Hex Hall
Best YA Food Book: Scones and Sensibility
Best Adult Food Book: Glazed Murder
Best Princess: Princess for Hire
Best Tween Book: Athena the Brain
Best Tween series: Canterwood Crest and Allie Finkle
Best new series: the Daughters
Best Kiss: Anna and the French Kiss
Best Mythology: Middleworld
New Author to Watch: Elizabeth Eulberg and Stephanie Perkins
Best Hot Chocolate Romance: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares
Best Adult Hot Chocolate Romance: Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor and Call Me Mrs. Miracle
Best Action: Wildfire Run
Best Teen Mystery: Wherever Nina Lies
Best Adult Mystery: Truly Madly
Best Historical Fiction: Keeper of the Grail
Best TV/movie tie-in: Heat Wave
Best Spy Book: The Agency
Best Tear Jerker: Mockingjay
Best New Chapter in a Series: Only the Good Spy Young
Best Music: Lonely Hearts Club
Best Library: Grimm Legacy
Best Dragon: Firelight
Best Book that Reminds me of Childhood: The Summer Before

No comments: