Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Review: Spirit Bound

*Read ONLY if you've read the previous books in the series, as there are SPOILERS*

After Rose's graduation test, she joins the real world. While she awaits her assignment, she heads for the royal court with Lissa. While they're there, Rose plans an adventure neither of them will ever forget.

If they're ever going to save Dimitri, it's going to be now. After some research and with a plan in mind, they travel to Alaska - home to Victor Dashkov. He alone has the information Rose needs to save Dimitri. Unfortunately, he's under severe lock and key.

Once they break him out and uncover the truth, it's only a matter of time before Dimitri tracks down Rose. While she's determined to save him, he's determined to kill her so they can be forever joined. When they finally do meet, who will win the battle of wills and emotions?

My Thoughts: I waited to read this one - I have an issue with finishing series book when I know that they are ending soon. Last Sacrifice is almost upon us, so I needed to get my butt in hear. Plus I just read today that there's a spin-off series in the works for next year. I Loved this book -as I have the previous books. They're filled with raw emotion: love, betrayal, disbelief, understand, jealousy, and horror.

Cover Thoughts: I like it

Source: BEA (SIGNED!) - also reviewed for www.teensreadtoo.com

Fun Fact: Spin-off series starting will Bloodlines will be available in August 2011!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I held off, too, and now that "Last Sacrifice" is out, I need to jump on it. :P
I had heard about Bloodlines, but this is the first image I'm seeing for it...is this the actual cover?

Jennifer Rummel said...

I'm not sure if this is the real cover or a placement cover. It's the cover shown on Amazon. I'm guessing it's a placement cover.