Friday, December 17, 2010

10 Things: Favorite YA Book Covers 2010

Here are my favorite teen book covers from this year. I've read and LOVED these books. Part of the attraction - the cover. I'm going to be honest - I DO judge a book by it's cover. I think it's hard not to. As a librarian, there might be a book generating all kinds of buzz, but it the cover is unattractive, I know my teens won't read it. And I don't buy it. I don't feel bad about that because I hate spending money on books that teens won't read. The following cover stand out for me in various ways that peak my interest.

Anna and the French Kiss: Paris romance

Heist Society: Heist

Hex Hall: magic

Cinderella Society: Cinderella

Lonely Hearts Club: Beatles

Bright Young Things: Flappers - an era I know nothing about, but would like to...

Ice Claw: Action and lots of danger both from people and the environment

Match Made in High School: really different

The Agency: Body at the Tower: The dress and London setting

I was Jane Austen's Best Friend: Dress and romance

1 comment:

Em said...

The Heist Society Cover is one of my favorites too. Love the subtle details.