Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Jane Austen!


As you know, I'm a HUGE Jane Austen fan. I studied in Bath, England for a semester in college just because of her presence there. We went to Chawton


*also I owe her a great debt - I started writing this fanfiction before moving on to other works. It's not completed, and I hope to finish it this year, but it started me on the serious path of writing. *

In honor of her birthday, here's my favorite read-a-likes of her work.

Teen books:

Prom and Prejudice: Just finished this book - AMAZING - modern day teen Lizzie and Darcy

Dashwood Sisters' Secrets in Love: Modern tale of the Dashwood sisters looking for love

I was Jane Austen's Best Friend: Jane Austen's cousin's diary of their live, including a romance

Scones and Sensibility: a modern day matchmaker who helps out at her parent's bakery

Pies and Prejudice: the Mother/Daughter book club tackles Pride and Prejudice while Emma spends the year in England.

Adult Books:

Bridget Jones's Diary: HILARIOUS! Loved the book, which is better than the movie.

Mischief of Mistletoe: I just finished this spy novel- about a friend of Jane Austen, who makes a cameo in the book.

Mr. Darcy's Diary: I love reading the tale from Mr. Darcy's perspective and this read is AMAZING

Mr Knightley's Diary: While, P&P is my favorite Austen read, I think Emma falls as a close second. I loved this tale of how Mr. Knightley fell for Emma.

Pride and Prescience: A great mystery series featuring Mr. and Mrs. Darcy

Darcy's Story: First book I'd read that took the story and turned it on it's head. I wanted more stories written from the Darcy/Bennet world after reading this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Surely you've seen the "Lost in Austen" movie?