Monday, December 13, 2010

Review: Prom and Prejudice

Lizzie hates her high school - Longbourn Academy. It's full of snobby girls who refuse to give her a chance because she doesn't come from their world. Lizzie's there on a musical scholarship. The other girls make her life miserable at every turn - all except Charlotte, the other scholarship student, and Jane her roommate.

During the second semester, everyone becomes obsessed with prom. The girls wear designer dresses and date only the best boys from Pemberley Academy. Jane hopes to go with Charles who just returned from a semester abroad. Jane can't wait to see him.

Soon they're together all the time. Jane persuades Lizzie to hang out with them, even though she and Charles's best friend Will didn't get off on the right foot.

When Lizzie meets Wick and Lydia, Jane's younger sister, makes a spectacle of herself an upperclassman party, Charles begins to pull away. Jane's devastated. Lizzie tries to console her, but she's involved in her own drama with Wick, Will Darcy, and the snotty girls who live to torment her.

My Thoughts: I'm a Jane Austen freak and I love prom novels so I was super stoked to read this. I also Loved Lonely Hearts Club, Eulberg's debut novel. Prom and Prejudice was amazing. I devoured it as soon as it arrived. I LOVED the book. I loved the differences and the similarities between Pride and Prejudice. I loved Lizzie and Jane's relationship. I loved EVERYTHING. As soon as I finished reading, I gave a happy sigh of contentment. It was simply...magical!

Cover Thoughts: Love it! At first, I didn't understand it, but after reading the book, it makes total sense.

Source: Publisher

Fun Fact: Stay tuned for an author interview and contest later next month

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a book that's right up my alley. I can't wait to read this!

Anna said...

I love everything Austen too, so I'll be sure to give this book a shot!

Jessica said...

It looks so cute ~

B. A. Binns said...

I've got to admit, this one looks cute, I may have to runout and get it.