Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review: Temptation of Angels

Helen's night takes a strange turn when her mother enters her bedchamber and begins packing her things. She quickly ushers Helen into a hidden passageway with strict instructions not to come out. She tells Helen how to escape the house and where to go.

Helen arrives on the doorstep of two brothers in her bare feet and nightgown. She has no idea why she's been told to come here. She has no idea that her life is about to change forever. She has no idea she's part of a secret society.

A society she's been training for her whole life without realizing it. A society responsible for protecting the world. Helen is a Keeper.

There are dangerous beings who want to access the past, so they can change it, and they will stop at nothing to accomplish their goal.

Together can Helen and the brothers stop them from eliminating all the Keepers and taking control of the world?


My Thoughts: I loved this one! I'm a huge fan of Michelle Zink. This was my first read of the new year and it wowed me! I loved how the events unfolded. I loved unraveling the truth to Helen's life with her. I loved the strange quirks of the secret society: the jumping through lights, the necklaces, and the secret weapons. I loved the brothers - each different, but each significant. Although I do like Griffin a bit better. I loved Anna. I loved the romance, the danger, the adrenaline rushes, and the end of the world drama.

I think (I HOPE), this is the start of a trilogy or series! I can't wait to read more.

Cover Thoughts: I really like it - I think the model looks like a young Scarlett Johansson

Source: Thanks to Penguin Teen for the ARC

Release Date: March 20th
Goodreads

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't wait to read this one...glad to hear you loved it! :)

Amy said...

I have not heard of this, and I love Michelle Zink! Thanks for featuring it - I can't wait!