Monday, August 31, 2020

Review: Geekerella

Geekerella (Once Upon a Con, #1)
* First book in a series *
For most people, Starfield is an amazing show. But to Elle, it's so much more than that. The show is tied up with her parents' memories (both now deceased). A movie is now being filmed, so publicity is ramping up.

When she spies show's Con will have a cosplay contest, she knows that she must enter. She finds her parents' old costumes in the attic. Elle's co-worker volunteers to help Elle re-fit the costume for her body.

Elle must keep both her co-worker's new friendship and the Con a secret from her family. They will ruin it for her or worse - forbid her to attend. She vows not to let them ruin her chance.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this retelling of Cinderella. I loved how Elle and her "prince" met and started to communicate. I enjoyed the growing friendship between Sage and Elle. Obviously I felt heartbroken for Elle with her home situation. But I did love her blog and her dedication to the famdom. I loved the love for fandoms this book showcased. I quite enjoyed the secondary love plot. And I'm looking forward to the second and third book.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: A fun fandom romance - perfect for your school and public library collections.



No comments: