Monday, August 17, 2020

Review: Yes, No, Maybe So

Yes No Maybe So
Maya's having a rough time lately. Her best friend is leaving for college soon and is too busy to spend time with her. Her summer vacation was just canceled. Her parents are testing the waters with a trial separation. Ramadan just isn't the same this year. Maya gets roped into canvasing for a senator with a boy she barely remembers from her childhood.

Jamie's not thrilled about canvasing; he hates public speaking. He'd rather be doing something behind the scenes. But being partnered with Maya isn't so bad.

As they start to work together more often, they start caring more about the campaign and each other. As they reconnect, their conversations deepen. Could their friendship turn into something more?
My Thoughts: This is a long book - but I didn't want it to end. I loved reading about Maya and Jamie. I loved learning more about canvasing and the issues Maya and Jamie faced. I loved how their conversations became deeper the longer they hung out together. I loved how they became invested in the campaign (and each other). I loved Jamie's grandmother and her social media account. The dual perspectives made this book. I found the ending hopeful and inspiring. 

Cover Thoughts: Love it.
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: A great political book for your romance collection that touches on racism, religion, and friendship. Highly recommended for school and public libraries.

No comments: