Friday, August 28, 2020

Review: Something to Talk About

Something to Talk About
When Hollywood writer Jo takes her assistant to an awards show, the pair's photograph sparks dating rumors.

At first Emma things the rumors are annoying but that they won't last.  Paparazzi find her house, she's getting calls from reporters, and her family isn't quite sure what to believe. But the rumors persist and everything starts to change.

Emma's never thought about her boss before in that way, but once the rumors start, it's hard not to look at Jo differently. The two of them are becoming closer - something in between co-workers and friends.

With Emma's time working for Jo coming to a close, would it be a good time to start a romance?
My Thoughts: I've been longing to read this since I first heard about it. I was under the impression that this was a fake dating story - it's not. But it is a Slow Burn Hollywood Romance. And it was really really good. I love Hollywood stories - this one was a little bit different in the fact that neither of the main characters was an actress. I loved reading about the other side to Hollywood. I loved the idea that Jo came up with to help women in the field, I really want to read/know more about that project. I didn't want this book to end - and I hope for more stories set in this world so we can see some favorite characters again! This is Meryl Wilsner's debut novel - and I'm eagerly looking forward to her next book.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My library.
Library Recommendation: A must have for public libraries and their romance collection. 

No comments: