Friday, August 21, 2020

Graphic Novel Review: ACT


Act

Sixth grade means things will be different. Olive's excited about the class field trip, but afterwards she learns that not everyone can afford the field trips. Those students have to stay behind. Olive doesn't believe that's right. 

When she hears about the election for student council, she realizes that she has a chance to make a difference. But that's not the only injustice that she hears. Soon Olive has a list of ideas to make the school better.

To bad her opponents only want better snacks. They don't care about the school. As the election draws closer, Olive and her friends have different views. Will the election tear them apart?
My Thoughts: I really loved this addition to the series. I loved Olive learning more about the inner workings of the school. I loved that students shared their troubles with her. I felt bad for her about her friendship hardships, but I loved how she wanted to make a difference. And that she knew she could make a different. I enjoyed how everything turned out. I wonder if this book might spark some reader's political interest.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A must have book for school and public libraries.

1 comment:

Test said...

My students love this series!