Saturday, August 29, 2020

TV Series Review: Diary of a Future President



See the source image

I found out about this Disney+ Show while watching Disney Insider (which is also really great!)

Disney Insider Poster

Which is also super good and interesting. When they talked about this show created by Ilana Peña and led by a all women creative team, I knew I had to watch it.

Gina Rodriguez appears in the very beginning as the President. (How cool is that?) 
I was hoping there would be a little more back and forth between the future and the present.

However, the present is fantastic. I loved the cast of characters.
I loved how everyone struggled with romance or friendship or family - but how they all came together and relied on each other.

There is a lot of feelings here. 
Also a lot of diversity which is great. And lots of inclusivity. 
There's LGBT moments - questioning your feelings and sharing those feelings with the world.

There are also bullies (it is middle school after all). 

I loved the teasing moments between the family.

This is a sweet family drama about the beginning steps of Elena as she becomes a leader. Of course she struggles and makes mistakes and put things back to right.

It's funny and sweet and real.

I'm so happy this has been renewed because I want more of all these characters.

No comments: