Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Review: Foiled

Aliera Carstairs is a loner. She doesn't fit into any cliques at school - which is fine by her. She's not smart enough to be a nerd. She's not preppy nor popular. Her fencing skills don't count towards jock status. She's practically invisible, until she lands the new hot boy for her science lab partner.

She knows he's attractive. He especially knows he's attractive. Still, she can't help notice him. When he asks her out, she accepts knowing that she'll have to break an outing with her cousin,

Each week, Aliera and her cousin play a fantasy role playing game. It's the biggest outing of the week for Aliera, who spends most of her free time fencing. She feels bad for canceling but promises to make it up to her cousin by spilling all the details.

When she does meet him, the date goes horribly wrong. Aliera feels like she's seeing the world for the first time and it's nothing like she ever expected. Could he be her knight in shinning armor or her worst nightmare?

My Thoughts: I don't usually read graphic novels, but there are some that I read amazing reviews and decide to pick it up. This was one of those books. I really enjoyed reading it. I'm hoping this is the start of a series as it ended just as the story was beginning. I really like Aliera. I like how she's different. I love the fencing parts to the story and how she dominates in her sport.

The Cover and graphics: I love the cover. The graphics were amazing as well - mostly black and white until the climax of the story.

Source: My library

No comments: