Friday, July 23, 2010

Review: City Secrets

*INCLUDED SPOILERS FROM PREVIOUS BOOKS*

After Sasha and Paige's massive fight, Sasha decides to spend break with Heather in New York. Sasha relates her fight with Paige to Heater - including the worst comment from Paige. Sasha still can't believe that Paige could be so cruel. She knows they both need some cooling off time.

The first night they have dinner with Heather's parents. It's a disaster. Sasha can't believe how parents could act so cold and uninterested. After dinner, the two relax with a movie.

Over the next few days, they shop, eat at amazing places, explore the city, and continue with their riding. Sasha loves seeing New York City through Heather's eyes. They aren't best friends, Heather still orders Sasha around and makes snarky comments, but the comments have changed from hurtful to snarky.

Before Sasha knows it, it's almost time to go back to Canterwood. Will she be able to work out her issues with Paige?

My Thoughts: I love this series, but I hate (love) how each book ends leaving me drooling for the rest of the story. I love seeing this new side of Heather and her home life. It makes me understand her a little better.

The Cover: It's very cute - but I didn't see this scene in the book

Source: Inter-Library Loaned

No comments: