Saturday, December 19, 2015

Mysterious Saturday Review: Crowned and Moldering


* Book 3 in the Fixer-Upper Mystery series *
Shannon finally starts work on the historical lighthouse that her mystery thriller novel writing friend purchased. During the walk through, Shannon discovers the remains of a body in the dumbwaiter.

The body turns out to be Lily Brogan, a young girl who disappeared fifteen years ago. The police assumed she run away, but her brother kept looking. Now Sean learns that his sister has been murdered.

Sean's a member of Shannon's crew and a friend. Shannon wants to help him find justice and learn the truth once and for all about his sister's death.

When the past rears it's ugly head, will the truth finally come out?
My Thoughts: I love this series - Shannon is a tough, strong, loyal character - but she tends to react emotionally.  I like how the past came to the future in this murder and how Eric needed Shannon's knowledge of her hometown. I liked learning more about Sean - even though his history was terrible. I have high hopes for his future. I loved the addition of Callie - it would be nice to see her more in future books. 

I loved seeing the inside of Mac's house. I can't wait to see how it develops after the crew works on it!

Plus I like seeing Mac and Shannon's relationship develop a bit more...

I can't wait to see what happens next in this series.

Cover Thoughts: Delightful
Source: My Library
Final Thoughts: If you like strong women, great friendships, small town, and a good murder - then this cozy series is perfect for you!

No comments: