Thursday, December 3, 2015

Christmas Book Review: Winter Wedding



* Book 9 in the Whiskey Creek series *
Lourdes Bennett needs some time away from her life, after her last album tanked. She's going back to her country music roots, but needs a place to write. So she rents a cabin in Whiskey Creek, hoping to stay hidden. Lourdes hopes that her manager boyfriend will accompany her, but at the last moment, he backs out. When the heater dies at the cabin, Lourdes moves in her with landlord for the night.

Kyle hasn't loved anyone since his last girlfriend married his stepbrother. He certainly never loved his ex-wife. She's making trouble for him all the time and he's at the end of his rope. The more time he spends with Lourdes, the more he realizes he's attracted to her.

But Kyle's not looking to leave Whiskey Creek and Lourdes isn't looking to settle down in a small town. Is there something between them worth exploring anyways?
My Thoughts: I really loved this addition to the Whiskey Creek series.

I loved learning more about the musical business in Nashville. I loved watching the process of Lourdes writing songs.I like how she trusted Kyle right off the bat and how they became friends. I like the slow building romance and this was fantastic.

And not without road bumps. Lourdes needed to figure out her life in Nashville, including her relationship with her manager. Kyle had an ex-wife, Noelle who did her best to make his life horrible. I felt bad for him for having to deal with her and her insecurities and crazy plans. 

I liked the Christmas scenes of getting a Christmas tree and decorating houses, seeing the town decorations, and family dinners.

As always, I liked seeing characters from former books and checking in with them. 

Cover Thoughts: Fantastic
Source: My Library
Final Thoughts: If you're a contemporary romance fan, you better be reading this series.

No comments: