Sunday, December 20, 2015

My Reading History: The Middle School Years

 I was at a YA Librarian day a few weeks back and Teri Lesesne spoke about having everyone in her class create a reading history. It sounded like fun, so I thought I'd give it a try.

My Middle School was 7th and 8th grade. I still loved talking about books with friends and I had a few who were readers. Sometimes a great book would get passed around between us all. Sadly, I don't really remember using the middle school library for fiction books. But the public library was just across the street from my house. I visited quite often. I would walk home with a huge stack of books - as many as I could carry in my arms.

Here's what I remember devouring (often still reading what my sister read)

I went through a horse phase:
20 Good Books For Tweens That Will Make You Nostalgiac:

I went through a creepy book phase:
R.L Stine's Fear Street - my middle school addiction: I TOTALLY forgot about Christopher Pike horror novels....how could I forget?:

There was a Sweet Valley High Phase
Who doesn't remember Jess and Liz Wakefield (long before Sweet Valley High became SVH?) Still remember one glorious holiday where the books were on sale for $2.95 each and I bought about 20 of them. Good times.:

Followed by Freshman Dorm:
FD

I used to re-read this book until it fell apart - and beyond.
I read this even after it fell apart.:

I re-read this trilogy often:
I read this trilogy at least once a year when I was in middle school and high school:

I would visit my best friend's house. She had stacks of books in her basement. I would come home with piles of books. Especially by Lurlene McDaniel. I don't remember any of the titles, but I remember loving them (so different from my reading now where I just want happy books)
.:

Other books I remember reading:
Baby Sister: I read this one until it fell apart:

Then I started in the adult section of the library. This was my first one and then I read all Mary Higgins Clark books I could find.
Mary Higgins Clark:

No comments: