Thursday, December 17, 2015

Christmas Book Review: Marry Me at Christmas




* Book 19 in the Fool's Gold series *
Madeline loves finding the perfect dress for her brides at the bridal store in town. She's never planned a wedding before but when the mayor and her friend ask her for help, she can't turn them down. The she uncovers that the wedding is for the sister of Jonny Blaze - the action star that lives in town. The one she has such a crush on, she can't seem to find words to say to him.

Jonny Blaze wants his sister to have the wedding of her dreams. He settled in Fool's Gold to get away from all that hype in Hollywood. He's sometimes dumbfounded that it happened.  He's not interested in a relationship, but the more time he spends with Maddie, the more she grows on him.

Could a winter romance be in the air?
My Thoughts: I love Fool's Gold, especially the Christmas stories. I loved learning more about Maddie, especially watching her interact with her brides and finding them the perfect dress for their special day. I enjoyed watching her fall out of her crush with the movie star and discovering him as a person. I liked Jonny's protectiveness of his sister and his crazy attempts to show her that he loved her - even if they were misguided. I loved the snow falling, the festivals, and the decorations of the town. Everything's so charming, I'd just love to visit. 

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Final Thoughts: Another winner for the series. If you're not reading this series, what the heck are you waiting for?

No comments: