Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review: Underworld

* sequel to Abandon*

Pierce and John fled to the Underworld to escape the dangers. However, danger still exists. Pierce isn't sure what to do in the Underworld. She's interested in how things work in this alternate universe, but she also misses her home.

She's not sure she wants to live here forever. Pierce doesn't want her mom to grow old with out her. She's worried about the rest of her family and her friends. She hated that she didn't get to say goodbye.

When she receives a disturbing message about the fate of her cousin, she's desperate to get back to her normal life. She needs to warn Alex and help save him. She has no way of knowing if what she saw has happened, is happening, or will happen. All she knows is that she'll do everything in her power from prevent that scenario from coming true.

My Thoughts: First off, I adore Meg Cabot and all her books. I devour them. It's impossible for me not to love them. However, it's been a long time since I read Abandon and I forgot most of the story. As a result, it took me a little bit longer than normal to get into the story. (I really do wish I had time to re-read books when sequels appear, but I don't.)


I loved the heat between John and Pierce. I enjoyed their banter as they tried to make each other understand their viewpoints. While at times, I found John controlling, after learning more about his life, I find myself able to understand his character better. 


I loved the descriptions of the Underworld - the gardens, the house, and how things needed appeared. I liked Hope - even her ironic name. I found her antics amusing as she judged everything and everyone around her.


I'm looking forward to the next book - the last book in this fantastic trilogy. 


Cover Thoughts: Great!


Source: my Library

No comments: