Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mysterious Saturday Review: Murder By Mocha

*10th in the Coffeehouse Mystery series*

Madame has orchestrated this new venture with her friend Alicia - where Clare's beloved coffeehouse will partner up with Aphrodite's Village to spread the love of a new drink Mocha Magic Coffee.

At the launch party, things go disastrously wrong. Patrice Stone, one of the up and coming women from Aphrodite's Village ends up murdered. Now several women step forward, interested to become responsible for the drink. Aphrodite's success comes from strong women stepping forward and owning a product.

It's a cut throat world. Clare's worried about The Village Blend's reputation because there's something strange about the drink...

My Thoughts: I adore this series. I love Clare and her coffee shop. I love her relationship with Mike. I love the relationship with her daughter, her workers, and even her ex-husband. The support cast is well rounded and fleshed out. I feels like a wonderful place to spend time in - either as a customer or as an employee. I love the banter between co-workers. The characters feel like a tight-knit family, adding further enjoyment to the series. I enjoyed unraveling the mystery between the many suspects. A thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining read.

Cover Thoughts: Cute


Source: My Library

No comments: