Monday, August 22, 2011

Review: Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have)

April doesn't want to move with her father and his wife to Cleveland. She doesn't want to leave her friends. She wants to finish high school in the same school. She can't bear the thought of leaving her boyfriend of two years - especially since they were going to lose their virginity together the very night her father tells her the news.

April and her friend Vi come up with a plan. She'll stay at Vi's house for the year. The only problem- Vi's mother won't be there. She'll be touring with a theater production.

They cover it up with a gigantic lie. Vi pretends to be her mother and over the phone convinces April's father that everything will be just fine and that she'd LOVE having April stay with them.

April's terrified of her father learning the truth. But that doesn't stop her from moving into the basement. April and Vi have the place to themselves and nothing to stop them from living out their wildest dreams.

Will they get caught?

My Thoughts: I love Sarah Mlynowski's books. As usual, I was hooked! I didn't want to stop reading. I loved April and her crazy ideas. I loved watching her get into and out of scrapes. I loved watching her relationships develop and change. I couldn't stop turning the pages! If you haven't read this or any other of Sarah Mlynowski's books - RUN out and get them!

Cover Thoughts: Love the cover and the Title!

Source: Bought at a book signing from RJ Julia's


No comments: