Monday, November 18, 2013

Review: Just One Day

Her parents promised her the trip of a lifetime after her high school graduation - but Allyson didn't believe it until the end of the trip. That's when she met Willem.

Allyson regrets not being able to go to Paris due to strikes. Just like that, Willem suggests they go for one day. It's not far from London and Allyson has an extra day to hang out with no prior commitments.

She makes the most impulsive decision of her life and goes. Even though she has doubts and fears, it's a mostly perfect day - until it goes horribly wrong.

Now Allyson is starting college, but her mind is elsewhere. Her grades are tanking. She's not meeting new people. All she wants to do is to sleep and hide away from the world. Can Allyson recover from just one day?
My Thoughts: I'd heard about this book for ages it seems. Everyone was raving about it, so I finally decided to give it a try and I'm so glad that I did. I devoured it. I wanted to fly to Paris immediately.  I loved the time Allyson spent with Willem. I felt horrible for her the next morning and the next year. I mourned with her over Willem, over her hard time at college, over her parents, and over her crumbling friendship with Melanie. I really liked the ending and Allyson's determination. A powerful emotional ride. I can't wait to read Just One Year.

Cover Thoughts: I love it - especially the detail of the watch
Source: My Library

No comments: