Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: 2014 Books

This week's topic is our top picks for the year in reading. Man is this ever a hard list to create. I've read over 340 books this year. Of course I can't pick just ten, so I cheated and split them up by ages.

Kids:
Santa Clauses by Bob RaczkaThree Bears in a Boat by David SomanDog vs. Cat by Chris GallNana in the City by Lauren Castillo What to Do When You're Sent to Your Room by Ann Stott
Red Knit Cap Girl and the Reading Tree by Naoko StoopMy Teacher Is a Monster! by Peter  BrownDinner with the Highbrows by Kimberly Willis HoltTuesday Tucks Me In by Luis Carlos Montalván
The Best-Ever Bookworm Book by Violet and Victor Small by Alice KuipersMr. Tiger Goes Wild by Peter  Brown

Tween: 
Model Undercover by Carina AxelssonThe Truth About Twinkie Pie by Kat YehAt Your Service by Jen MaloneFantasy League by Mike LupicaWhen Audrey Met Alice by Rebecca Behrens
Lucky Me by Cindy CallaghanThicker Than Water by Bruce HaleThe Great Greene Heist by Varian JohnsonUngifted by Gordon KormanThe Storybook of Legends by Shannon Hale


Nonfiction:
Time For Kids All Access by Time for Kids MagazineSports Illustrated Kids Football by Editors of Sports Illustrat...Dog Shaming by Pascale LemireUnderwater Puppies by Seth CasteelChildren's Activity Atlas by Sterling Publishing
Sticky Fingers by Sophie MaletskySports Illustrated Kids Slam Dunk! by Sports Illustrated for KidsThis or That? by Crispin BoyerWhat in the World? by National Geographic KidsF in Exams by Richard Benson

Teen: 
 Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn BarnesIsla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie PerkinsMortal Heart by Robin LaFeversOpen Road Summer by Emery LordThe Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
The One by Kiera CassHeir of Fire by Sarah J. MaasEverything Leads to You by Nina LaCourDeep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly
Killer Frost by Jennifer EstepJust Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore

 Adult: 
 Maybe This Christmas by Sarah MorganIn Your Dreams by Kristan HigginsSugar and Iced by Jenn McKinlayBarefoot Season by Susan MallerySuddenly Royal by Nichole Chase
The Job by Janet EvanovichNYPD Red by James PattersonRaging Heat by Richard CastleSapphires Are an Earl's Best Friend by Shana Galen
No Good Duke Goes Unpunished by Sarah MacLeanHome of the Braised by Julie Hyzy

I can't wait to see what everyone picked to add more titles to my TBR list.

7 comments:

Jill the OWL said...

I need to read When Audrey Met Alice and The Geography of You and Me!

Unknown said...

You have great lists here! I love how you separated them into different genres.

Jessica said...

Ever After High! At Your Service! Lucky Me! I enjoyed them all a lot! A few of the Picture Books, Non-Fiction, and YA books are on my TBR list! And I know my Mom loved the Jenn McKinlay book a lot! :)

Jenni Elyse said...

Ha! I loved that you did every age group! I'm currently reading Isla right now. It made my list, though, because I know I'll love it.

My TTT List

La Coccinelle said...

Oh... you read Raging Heat! I'm a bit behind in my Castle reading; I still need to read Frozen Heat.

Irish said...

I love how you broke this out!

I also really enjoyed Every After High and am looking forward to reading the other books in the series. And I think I need to move Just Like the Movies up my list...I recently read Not in the Script and have been looking for some read alikes and this might just be the one for me. =)

My TTT is here.

Susan said...

Tell me that your 340 includes picture books -- otherwise, I'm going to feel like a HUGE book blogging slacker! I'll be lucky to get 140 this year. I read some chunksters this year, though, and some good ones at that, so, yeah.

ISLA is on my list to read soon. I've heard tons of great things about it.