Friday, May 23, 2014

Summer Planning: STEAM movies

In trying to plan summer movies, I become frustrated. The release dates don't allow for lots of advance planning for new releases. But I did want to add one to the mix of STEAM movies and some TV shows. So I created a list. Some of these you can use in multiple categories, but I just used them once. 

Science:
Iron Man
Avengers
Gravity
Spiderman
Big Bang Theory (TV show)
Jurassic Park
Prometheus
Despicible Me
Bones (TV show)
Apollo 13

Technology
Terminator
Transformers
Real Steel
Eagle Eye
Her
Social Network
Die Hard 4
Tron
Matrix
Skyfall
Minority Report

Engineering:
Paycheck
Aviator
October Sky
Primer

Art:
Mona Lisa's Smile
City of Bones
She's All That
Black Swan
Titanic
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pans
Frida
Girl with a Pearl Earring

Math:
Beautiful Mind
Mean Girls
Good Will Hunting
Moneyball
Stand and Deliver

I'm going to show Real Steel and do a short Brushbots which a YA Librarian friend of mine Kristi shared at a round table meeting - making it a Watch and Learn program.

1 comment:

cleemckenzie said...

I always apprecite these kinds of lists. Now I can just sit down and order my summer viewing on Netflix and not have to work so hard. Thanks.