Thursday, September 5, 2013

Review: Unbreakable

 * first book in a new series *
Kennedy's world crumbles when her mother dies. A few nights later, she would have died if not for the interference of two brothers. They broken into her house and rescue her before a ghost kills her.

They tell her she's part of their team - a team that's been training for most of their lives. Kennedy has no idea what they're talking about. Her mother never mentioned a secret society or demon hunting.

She's not sure she should believe the brothers. They take her in and introduce her to the group. And share their mission. The Legion's after pieces of a weapon that could destroy the world.

She can't figure out her talent that makes her part of the group, can't figure out who to trust, and can't figure out which brother means more to her. As much as she tries to help out, she doesn't understand the rules and almost gets everyone killed. Is she really one of them or is she just a hindrance. 
My Thoughts: The tagline hooked me Supernatural meets The Da Vinci Code in this action-packed paranormal thriller. And it's right. The Supernatural jumped out at me within the first few pages and I was hooked. I loved watching Kennedy come to terms with her new life and figure out the Legion. I liked the ghost-hunting along the way and how the group came together to find the pieces of the weapon. I liked the action and the danger from the ghosts. I liked watching hte group uncover clues about where the next piece was hidden. I loved the brothers, although I felt bad for them. I hope they can solve their differences. I liked the romantic tension. I really liked Priest and his talent. I like Alara. I can't believe the ending, it left me wanting the next book immediately! 

Cover Thoughts: It's ok.
Source: From the publisher
Book Publication Date: October 1st

No comments: