Saturday, September 28, 2013

Mysterious Saturday Review: First Degree Fudge

 * First in a new series *

After a disastrous marriage and a failed job, Ava returns home to start up a fudge shop. She's sharing her grandfather's bait shop by the docks.  She's hoping that the tourists won't be able to resist the smell of her fudge.

At a local fundraiser, Ava's hoping to catch the attention of a former movie star, she fails miserably.  First the star declines the fudge because she's allergic to chocolate. Then when Ava convinces her chocolate isn't in the fudge, she takes a tiny bite, but no more. Moments later she's discovered dead with a piece of fudge shoved into her mouth.

With Ava as the main suspect, she struggles to keep her good name intact, all while trying to uncover the real culprit.  
My Thoughts: While I liked this one, there were a few things that I didn't like.  The biggest being that I had an inkling of the identity of the murderer pretty early on. The other being, I wanted different types of fudge bring made because I loved reading about making it. The entire book made me crave fudge. I thought the church ladies and Ava's grandfather were sweet and funny. They all added humor to the tense situation. I like the small town charm and Ava getting back to her roots. I'm looking forward to reading more in this series.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: Purchased.


No comments: