Monday, December 19, 2011

Reivew: The Pledge

Charlie has a secret - a deadly secret. In a society where language determines your class, she has the ability to understand all languages.

She can't let anyone know her secret, but somehow a mysterious but cute stranger figures it out. Part of her thinks she can trust him, but the other half of her doesn't trust anyone.

When the kingdom starts taking precautionary measures against rumors of rebel forces attacking the city, Charlie and her sister must flee to safety. There she uncovers the truth about the Queen and her desires. The truth will change her life forever.


My Thoughts: LOVED this book. I loved that language was SO powerful in this world. I loved Brooklyn. I loved the idea behind the Queen and her power. I loved Charlie and her sister. They had an incredible bond. I loved the rebels and their secrets. I'm so happy this is the start of a new series because I can't wait to read more!

Cover Thoughts: Great!

Source: My Library

Video: check out the fan trailer I made here

1 comment:

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

I loved this book, too! So glad it's getting more positive reviews! Sad that the mixed ones are keeping people away because this is so, so good. Gushed all over it in my review <3