Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mysterious Saturday Review: Heat Rises

*3rd in the series*

Nikki Heat arrives at a crime scene to find the body of a priest in a very unlikely place.

She's dealing with a boss who's starting to question her judgement when his own behavior is raising red flags. She's dealing with unhappy co-workers. She's dealing with bureaucracy who want to promote her through the ranks.

Nikki's not sure who to trust these days. When information about the case and her Captain is leaked to the press, Nikki Heat is suspended. The day before she threaten to leak that same information. Now she's stuck on the outside without protection.

Nikki can't stay still for long. Soon she's nosing around the case with Jameson Rook. He gets past her defenses. Together, they battle the cold weather and the loose ends of this case, hoping they can put it all together before something happens to them.

My Thoughts: I really love this TV tie in idea as I LOVE these books. It combines the characters of the show, but also makes the slightly different. I love the action, the suspense, and the romance between Nikki Heat and Jameson Rook. I love Nikki's determination, her toughness, and her strength. I love Roach - her two main co-workers. I hope this series continues for a long time.

Cover Thoughts: Great

Source: Inter-Library Loan

No comments: