Friday, October 29, 2010

Ten Things

Ten Books - favorite read from my childhood in no particular order
Many of the books I read, my sister and I both read. We have similar tastes - still do some times. She read them, passed them on to me. She taught me how to read at an early age.


There's no Such Thing as a Dragon: This book we kept at my Grandparent's house. I thought it was hilarious as the dragon grew and grew.

Potter's Kitchen: I loved the idea behind this book - the kitchen is the heart of the home. I still believe this - it also could be something to do with all the goodies in the kitchen.


Ernie's Little Lie: I loved the art aspect of this book - it probably foreshadowed my love of art.


Just as Long as We're Together: I read this book until it fell apart. I didn't realize there were other books in the series until recently. I can't wait to go back and spend time with those characters again. Again - this had a very different cover.


Winter Dreams, Christmas Love: My sister and I adored this book. We borrowed it from our cousin and "forgot" to give it back. She found it in my sister's closet a year later. unfortunately, my sister gave it back. I think we had words over it :)


Witches: Another book my sister and I loved. I read this one until it fell apart. I don't know why, but I've never read any of his other works.


Leave the Cooking to Me: My Mom made me buy this in a bookstore. I thought it looked horrible, but I was wrong. I really enjoyed it.


Emily of New Moon: I read this series over and over again. I always wished they made a movie series of these books as they did with the Anne books - which I also loved.


Tales of Fourth Grade Nothing: This book was hilarious! Of course the cover was different. There are certain parts of this book - and other featuring Peter and his brother that I will always remember. I also was so excited to meet Judy Blume when I was in library school. We had "a moment" when the man introducing her got her book titles wrong. She saw me frown at him.


B is for Betsy: I loved this series -as did my sister, also named Betsey. Plus, my birthday is on Christmas Eve - I felt such a connection with the younger sister Star. I started reading these in first grade - and loved them

1 comment:

Sarah said...

GREAT list!! The Witches is one of Dahl's books that still freaks me out! Did you ever see the movie version? Yeah, it also scared me. (Btw you totally need to read Matilda and the BFG!)